Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Don't Knock It Because It's Cheap

Budget has risen from four-letter word status to a revered goal. And as a member of the so-called over-indulged generation, I'm hear to embrace it.

From what I've gathered through talking to other recent college graduates, the most common thoughts on our futures involve question marks. Where will we be in ten years? How will I make a living? Essentially, what's next?

This uncertainly is even more obvious with the suffering economy, which is affecting everyone from your closest friend to a stranger in an elevator. But don't worry, I'm not here to focus on the negatives. I'm as sick as you of hearing "tough economic times" in every other sentence.

We (the young and the nearly broke) may not have the same job security that others in our place had just a few years ago. And we may be living on relatively meager means. Or we might simply have to forego a night out to save some money. But that doesn't mean that you have to live off of pizza and ramen noodles.

I believe that you can live a good life, regardless of what your budget may be. With a little planning, some experimentation and a good attitude, it's within reach to live the life of what will inevitably be the new bon vivant--someone who lives well--on less money. That is the challenge I plan to address in this blog. Although some of the tips I share may be exclusive to Miami, the city I currently call home, there will inevitably be many recipes, deals and all-around lifestyle tips that will be universally applicable. Whether it's cooking a gourmet meal on a budget or snagging discount tickets, I hope you will follow along as I share ways to live well for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment